Re: Fwd: Friends of One Square Inch of Silence - here's how you can

Subject: Re: Fwd: Friends of One Square Inch of Silence - here's how you can
From: "chris" pueo9
Date: Fri Feb 8, 2013 8:53 pm ((PST))

Thanks Dan! I hope the members of this group will respond ,follow the link =
and do the questionnaire. It is worth a little of your time even if you nev=
er visit the ONP or the One Square Inch.

Chris Davidson

--- In  Dan Dugan  wrote:

> Forwarded by Dan Dugan:
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
> > From: Friends Of OSI
> > Subject: re: Friends of One Square Inch of Silence - here's how you can=
 help!
> > Date: February 8, 2013 4:11:20 PM PST
> > To: Friends of OSI
> >
> > Hello Everyone,
> >
> > I hope that you all are having a wonderful start to the year.  The star=
s are lining up for OSI=97but right now I only have time to report on this =
single important item.

> > While sorting my snail mail I came across an opportunity for the public=
 to comment about what wilderness means to them at Olympic National Park. T=
his information will be used by the park to determine what is required in t=
he Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) for wilderness planning.

> > Specifically the NPS has these questions during this scoping stage:
> >
> > o   What makes ONP Wilderness special to you?
> >
> > o   When visiting what activities and experiences are most important to=
 you?

> > o   What do you think the issues are in ONP Wilderness?
> >
> > o   Imagine visiting ONP wilderness 20+ years from now=85 what kind of =
experience would you like to see?

> > Comments can be made here: http://parkplanning.nps.gov/OLYMWildNews1
> >

> > And also in-person at posted public meetings.  I plan to attend the pub=
lic meeting on Monday, March 4th at REI, 5-7PM. (BTW: Sally Jewell, CEO of =
REI, was just appointed as our new Sec. Interior!)

> > We need as many people as possible to comment.  Please make clear that =
wilderness character is freedom from all noise pollution not just certain k=
inds of noise pollution and even cruising altitude jet traffic is a signifi=
cant disruption to wilderness experience.

> > Anyone living anywhere in the world is eligible to submit public commen=
t.   The single phrase "natural quiet" or the "absence of noise pollution" =
in the comment area is a significant contribution and takes less than one m=
inute online.