3. Re: Blimp wind cover for ME66

Subject: 3. Re: Blimp wind cover for ME66
From: "Peter Shute" pshute2
Date: Sun Feb 3, 2013 12:41 pm ((PST))
Yes, those are what I mean. I think they're for equalising the pressure when
you put them on. I didn't have time to try blocking them completely, and my
finger couldn't reach in to do it, but the noise seemed to lessen when I tried.

The link jtudor2005 provided says it's about the shape, which is also
believable because of the complex shape of the swivel arms. But if it is the
holes then that might explain why the noise seems to come from inside. Perhaps
they allow the wind to actually move the speaker cones.

My quest to fix the ME66 wind problem began the day I plugged the 7506s in to
monitor it, which happened to be a very windy day. I didn't make any recordings
because there didn't seem to be much point, otherwise I would have realised it
wasn't (all) coming from the mic. I had never bothered to monitor before that,
and hadn't noticed much wind noise, but I don't know if I used it in wind that
strong.

Peter Shute

Sent using BlackBerry