Listening Earth - an invitation

Subject: Listening Earth - an invitation
From: "Andrew Skeoch" listeningearth
Date: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:26 pm ((PST))
G'day folks,

Over the last 20 years, Sarah and I have been building our Listening Earth =
nature catalogue (I'm currently editing up our 65th album).

Last year, we decided that we wanted to extend things and promote the work =
of other recordists on our site. We invited several colleagues, and began w=
ith 3 albums; one each by Mark Brennan, Geoff Sample and Juan Culasso.
http://www.listeningearth.com/LE/browse.php?filter=3Dfriend

We have just published another two. Both are spacious and capture the vastn=
ess of the boreal wilderness. (For an aussie like me, a different quality o=
f listening experience than I am used to).

Veljo Runnel's 'Five Natural Pieces', recorded in his native Estonia, is a =
collection of soundscapes ranging from early spring to a waning summer. Vel=
jo describes his album as 'a meditation on time and place in nature'. It is=
 very soothing to listen to, and you've got to love the ravens conversing a=
mong themselves on the first track.

http://www.listeningearth.com/LE/product.php?id=3D111

=85and another of Mark Brennan's heartfelt and authentic recordings, 'Pesko=
wesk', recorded among the lakes, streams and forests of Nova Scotia's Kejim=
kujik National Park. The album begins quietly, almost silently. One is draw=
n in to listen attentively for the subtlest of sounds. Gradually the landsc=
ape reveals itself - breezes stirring the treetops, the diverse textures of=
 birdsong. I've found this album such an enjoyable listen, and a tribute to=
 Mark's sensitivity as a nature recordist.

http://www.listeningearth.com/LE/product.php?id=3D112

Finally - Sarah and I invite you to get in touch and submit recordings that=
 you'd like us to consider for publishing on Listening Earth. I can't say e=
xactly what we're looking for, but stereo soundscapes, rich listening exper=
iences, and of course excellence in recording quality are givens. Aesthetic=
 rather than didactic, heart rather than head, if that gives any guideline.=
 Email me privately:

May the earth continue singing to you,
Andrew

------------------------------------