LS-5 and LS-10S in hand

Subject: LS-5 and LS-10S in hand
From: "lilyplants" lilyplants
Date: Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:12 pm ((PST))
hello,

after reading robin's comment re the LS-5, I found one at amazon, UK for 14=
1 lb + $20 ship. it arrived. I had already ordered an LS-10S for $150 on fr=
om B&H. it should arrive today.

first, is there any reason to open the LS-10S package?

second, what's the best way to test the LS-5 to see if it's ok?

the only mics I have with a 3.5 plug are soundprofessional high sensitivity=
 ($70).

thank you,
lily