7. Re: Background thumps in recording

Subject: 7. Re: Background thumps in recording
From: "vickipowys" vpowys
Date: Wed Nov 7, 2012 11:42 am ((PST))
Re 'gum trees', the way I understand it is that 'gum tree' refers
only to a smooth barked eucalypt.  If the tree has a thick layer of
bark e.g. ironbark or stringybark or box, then those are also the
common names and they would never be referred to as gums.  Here in Oz
we would also say 'eucalypt forest' rather than 'eucalyptus forest'.

Vicki