Editing software

Subject: Editing software
From: "Debbi B" dgbrusco
Date: Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:17 pm ((PDT))
I have an old edition of Audition (1.5)on Windows 7 Pro. It has suited
my purposes so far. I need a better video editor (from my camera) than
the free Windows one, and tried out Sony Movie Studio Platinum 12.
Ihaven't tried any others, but it seemed to be ok for what I need to do.

The trial is over, and now I see that there are a couple of versions to
consider. The consumer suite includes Sound Forge Audio Studio 10 with
Vocal Eraser tool and a couple of Video Effects. The suite lists for $30
more.

Does anyone have comments about Sound Forge versus the newest
Audition(or consumer video editors)?

My sound recordings and videos are usually short, except for the
occasional talk or class.

Thanks.

Debbi