1. Re: Advice please on what mics for recording in quiet outdoor enviro

Subject: 1. Re: Advice please on what mics for recording in quiet outdoor enviro
From: "Robin" robin_parmar_sound
Date: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:58 am ((PDT))
Avocet wrote:

> A great recording of aeolian tones - not easy to record.

Thanks David, Peter, and Ian. It means a lot to me to get praise like that =
from recordists with much more experience and ability than myself. It makes=
 all those hours spent embedded in mud, standing in the rain, rather worthw=
hile!

I may not have previously linked to recordings since most of my SoundCloud =
publications are compositions or improvisations of some type or another. Th=
ey're not really Nature Recordist material since my field recordings are of=
ten only a means to an end. This Moytura wind was used as a bed for vocal i=
mprovisation, to accompany a dance piece. Or I should say "apparently", as =
the performance took place in Estonia, and I was unable to attend.

-- Robin Parmar