Re: Advice please on what mics for recording in quiet outdoor enviro

Subject: Re: Advice please on what mics for recording in quiet outdoor enviro
From: "Mike Rooke" picnet2
Date: Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:44 am ((PDT))
Or try a UFO?

http://www.urlme.net/blog/?p=3D1455

Old fan case refashioned into a mic blimp...

-M

--- In  Peter Shute <> wrote:

> David, you mentioned earlier that you intend making a windshield using ha=
nging baskets, so I assume you mean spherical. Is that the best shape, or w=
ould a flattened sphere be better? Wouldn't a sphere be more likely to crea=
te turbulence on the downwind side because of the large cross section prese=
nted to the wind? Or a football shape (not soccer, I mean egg shaped), poin=
ted into the wind, assuming the wind direction is constant?