AT4022 in Parallel Boundary Array - Equalization necessary for balan

Subject: AT4022 in Parallel Boundary Array - Equalization necessary for balan
From: "mrmarcanderson" mrmarcanderson
Date: Sun Sep 2, 2012 5:29 am ((PDT))
Hi all,

after some great tips from this group in 2011, I have been spending the last 12
months or so exploring various techniques in the field and in post-processing
and gradually I am learning how to get results I am happy with.

I would really appreciate some feedback on some of my tracks - especially the
'unedited Bardia sample' which was recorded in Bardia National Park, Nepal,
earlier this year.

http://soundcloud.com/marcanderson/unedited-bardia-sample

I am using 2 x AT4022's in a DIY parallel boundary array I made and I am
interested in how this setup sounds to your trained ears.

When compared with a number of other nature soundscapes I have listened to, my
recordings seem to have strong high frequency sounds and low noise, but less
ooomph in the mid to low range. Would this be as a result of my parallel
boundary setup? Would a SASS change these dynamics?

Other questions:

Does it need equalizing?

The low frequency noise at <100Hz, is this acceptable to you or would you
attenuate it and if so by how much? (I have included a spectrogram as the
thumbnail for the track above on soundcloud)

Is there anything I could do to improve the sound before I start marketing some
of my recordings?

Thanks in advance for any comments/ help you can offer.

Marc Anderson