Sounds of my youth

Subject: Sounds of my youth
From: "Arn=FE=F3r Helgason"
Date: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:51 pm ((PDT))
Hello.

I just want to draw your attention to a recording at my soundblog.

Here I recorded the sounds in a little valley of The Westman-Islands at the
southern coast of Iceland where I was brought up. In the autumn of 1960 I
had to leave the Home-Island for Reykjavik to attend a special school for
the blind. The sounds of the islands have followed me ever since.
On August 14 2010 I went there with and tried to capture the sounds of a
valley of Herjolfsdalur, located at the northwestern part of the island. Th=
sounds were all there, distant but clear: the fulmars in the cliffs, the
wagtails, seagulls and a lot of other things.
http://hljod.blog.is/users/df/hljod/files/haust_i_herjolfsdal.wav
Good listening.

Arnthor Helgason