Re: Yellow-breasted Chats

Subject: Re: Yellow-breasted Chats
From: "John Brenneman" jbird1946
Date: Thu Jul 5, 2012 11:33 pm ((PDT))
Greg,

Not familiar with Honey Run Road but it might be close.  Perhaps there is a=
 Chat common destination in the canyons near Chico.  That would be cool to =
know.  I'll keep you in mind.

John
On Jul 5, 2012, at 4:39 PM, gweddig wrote:

> I think I recorded the same chats a few years ago down off of Honey Run R=
oad, I live near Chico, CA. Next time give me a holler.

> --greg weddig
> http://gregweddig.net
>
> --- In  John Brenneman <> w=
rote:

> > Greetings all. I was recently invited to spend the day observing and re=
cording these unusual and interesting birds on a friend's property near Chi=
co,CA. It is my first experience with Chats and it reminded me of some of m=
y birding in the tropics. Though they have probably completed their nesting=
 cycle they continue with quite a lot of singing and interaction. A very so=
cial species it seems. 3 recordings are posted for comparison of single bir=
d and soundscape recording and it reveals much about how the presence of th=
e recordist can change things. Hope you enjoy them: