1. Re: R-44 issue-geek reply

Subject: 1. Re: R-44 issue-geek reply
From: "Jez" tempjez
Date: Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:05 am ((PDT))
thanks.

--- In  "Raimund" <> wrot=
e:

> > so, my question now is does anyone other than DPA make a microdot to xl=
r adaptor that might be wired the way thats been suggested ?

> Jez,
>
> the easiest way to workaround around the problem would probably be to use=
 a battery-operated external phantom power supply.

> As far as I understand, the microdot interface of the DPA microphones is =
just a 2 wire connection, where both the signal and the power is transmitte=
d through the same wire. I therefore  believe that the  signal wire of the =
microdot cable is probaly connected (perhaps through a series resistor) dir=
ectly to the XLR pin 2 (or pin 3). You can probably balance the adapter (or=
 even make your own one) by inserting an adjustable resistor (a 5k ohm pote=
ntiometer for instance) between ground and the other XLR signal pin 3 (or 2=
). You could then use a simple voltmeter for measusing the DC voltage betwe=
en pin 2 and 3 and adjust the potentiometer until that voltage gets zero. T=
his must of course be done while the microphone is connected to the adapter=
.