Re: A True strange sintony between bird and frog

Subject: Re: A True strange sintony between bird and frog
From: "vickipowys" vpowys
Date: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:32 pm ((PDT))
Green Tree Frogs near my house will start croaking when I start the
washing machine.  The rhythm of the agitator is very similar to the
frogs' calling rhythm, and the pitch is similar.  I've also noticed
that frogs will call in response to a low flying aircraft.

A novel way used by scientists to locate the rare Corroboree Frog (in
its boggy habitat in the high country) is simply to shout very loudly
(male voice), 'Hey! Frog!'  Then however many frogs were there, would
croak!  Easy when you know how :-)

Vicki Powys
Australia