Re: SONY PCM-M10 micro SD maximum size?

Subject: Re: SONY PCM-M10 micro SD maximum size?
From: "Gregory O'Drobinak" gmo_dunes2
Date: Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:51 pm ((PDT))
Hi, Norman!

I have been using 32 GB micro-SD cards in my M10 for some months with good=

results.

I bought three of the ones made by Gskill back in May, I believe that they =
were
type 10 cards.=C2=A0I=C2=A0had an issue with one of them, so I had to futz =
with it (remove
& re-insert several times) and get it re-formatted. Then it worked fine.=C2=
=A0I've
deployed two of these cards in my M10 for overnight drops in very humid
conditions with no glitches.

Be sure to always re-format any SD cards before use since it gives you at l=
east
some assurance that it will work when the process is done.

It is also VERY important to make sure that the gold contacts are clean bef=
ore
propyl
rubbing alcohol to clean the edge connector contacts of the card. Let it dr=
before inserting the card, then you should have no problems.

I would check=C2=A0a web site=C2=A0like NewEgg and browse though the 32 GB =
micro-SD cards
for their ratings and user reviews. In fact, look at the reviews on several=
 web
sites and then make your buying decision.

As always, YMMV!

Good luck,

Greg