6. Re: R-44 issue

Subject: 6. Re: R-44 issue
From: "Jez" tempjez
Date: Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:40 am ((PDT))
Hi,

the DPA's have a micon cable so can't be connected directly to any recorder=
 - you buy a separate jack adaptor for whatever recorder etc you're using. =
I have the DAD6001 xlr adaptor designed for supplying the mic with 48v phan=
tom power & use them with my Sound Devices recorder all the time with no pr=
oblems. I also lend the DPA's to students on the Wildeye courses & we've ne=
ver had this kind of problem with any other recorders. Strange indeed !

--- In  "sainganrob" <> =
wrote:

> --- In  "Jez" <tempjez@> wrote:
> >
> As most of you will know no doubt he DPA's work off standard 48v phantom,=
 have a micron connector connected to an XLR jack.

> Hi Jez, I'm not sure this is true.
> I believe that you need an adapter (voltage reducer) to use 48v phantom. =
Is your micron to xlr such a beast?
> I know you say that the mics work with other recorders, but with no adapt=
er, vagaries of specific phantom supplies may come into play.