4. Re: R-44 issue

Subject: 4. Re: R-44 issue
From: "Jez" tempjez
Date: Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:34 am ((PDT))
HA !

--- In  "hartogj" <> wrote=
:

> Hi Jez,
> Darn, I did not make you say "ha!"
> From your descriptions there are likely two things going on. There is som=
ething different between the R-44 and your other recorders, and also there =
is something different between your DPA4060 and your other mics. The the pr=
oblem arises only when the two are combined.

> I know very little about recording equipment electronics except what I ha=
ve gleaned from this group. So this is just a wild guess: sometimes (only s=
ometimes) microphone cables are grounded to the xlr connector housings, and=
 sometimes this creates a problem.

> Pardon me, I can't help it, here an even better attempt to make you say, =
"ha!"
> Do your DPAs use aluminum shielding?
>
> Just kidding, or course.
>
> John Hartog
> rockscallop.org
>

> --- In  "Jez" <tempjez@> wrote:
> >
> > Hi John,
> >
> > ah, the vagaries of internet conversations :)   here in the Uk, & yorks=
hire in particular, 'ha' is a nice expression - it simply means a kind of s=
mile / laugh.

> > anyway, not sure I understand what you mean John - the mics are standar=
d DPA4060's, work totally fine with all other recorders etc. There shouldn'=
t be any need to re-wire anything should there ? mic or recorder ?

> > thanks.
> >
> > Jez
> >
> > --- In  "hartogj" <hartogj_1999@> wrot=
e:

> > > Mics grounded to connector casing?
> > > Go ahead, say "ha!"
> > >
> > > John Hartog
> > > rockscallop.org

ervals - regardless of how far away the mics are to the recorder

 i've used most of the ones on the market over the years.

o bad. My main recorder is a Sound Devices, so this isn't intended to match=
 that, but it's ok for the price - IF I can sort out this issue with the DP=
A's connected to it.

@> wrote:

> [...]
Rhodes