Re: Creature ID

Subject: Re: Creature ID
From: "Mitch Hill" wa1ykn
Date: Fri May 11, 2012 3:30 pm ((PDT))
On 5/11/2012 6:11 PM, misha.volf wrote:
> Yes, thanks all!
>
> I did not mean to be vague about Hannoford's but it is indeed a grocery s=
tore in the upstate NY area, so thanks for the ID and the thorough investig=
ation everyone.

> While we're at it,
> here's another recording, also from upstate NY.
>
> http://soundcloud.com/mishavolf/night-time-flags
>
> Here, I'm curious about the single insect clicks between the flag pole tr=
ansients (at 1:16 - 1:22, for instance), as well as the prolonged strings o=
f clicks (like starting at 1:53).

I do not hear any clicks at the points you describe, however at both
marked locations I do hear what is possibly low level wind noise, the
fist point you have marked may be handling noise, but no clicks other
than what I assume is rope slapping the flag poles which is easily
identified by the metallic sound the pole makes...  Kids yelling and
train engine noise and a souped up car is covering up anything else that
might be there. No insect sounds that I could detect and I ran through
it at full volume several times...
Mitch Hill

  (Sent from HP DV6T)