Newbie Questions

Subject: Newbie Questions
From: "andrew_b_fox" andrew_b_fox
Date: Tue May 1, 2012 8:37 pm ((PDT))
Hi Everyone

I'm new here :) and new to the field, and have a few questions I would be g=
rateful if someone or hopefully a few people could help me with.  I'm trust=
ing this is the proper list to post this to.

I'm primarily interested in recording nature sounds - birds, water and othe=
r natural sounds, however, I have  knowledge of sound or its theory (waves,=
 editing,EQs etc. - I have audacity and have played with it a little but do=
n't really know what I'm doing).  I'm wondering if there are some sources o=
f information I could go to to learn about all of that that would assist me=
 in the context of recording nature sounds and making them sound better.  (=
Maybe starting off with basic 'dummies' type information to building to mor=
e advanced).  Any advice would be gratefully received.

Also, (and I expect this might be difficult to answer and may have even bee=
n answered elsewhere - I've looked a little on the forum)... I'm thinking o=
f buying probably either the Olympus LS-11 or Olympus LS-100 although I'm o=
pen to other alternatives if you think something might better suit my needs=
.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Best regards
Andrew