New Nightingale Area was -Re: Luscinia megarhynchos in the wind.

Subject: New Nightingale Area was -Re: Luscinia megarhynchos in the wind.
From: "soundings23" soundings23
Date: Wed May 2, 2012 12:04 am ((PDT))
Sounds like nightingale to me, lovely recording. FYI ... Here's a link to a=
 collection of nightingales from across Europe http://www.xeno-canto.org/sp=
ecies/Luscinia-megarhynchos including one I recorded in Somerset a few year=
s ago ... http://www.xeno-canto.org/99076 . I especially like those long pl=
aintive pure tones they do. cheers, Tony

--- In  Scott Po <> wrote=
:

> ________________________________

x Wildlife Trust's Fingringhoe Wick Reserve.

> http://www.essexwt.org.uk/visitor_centres__nature_reserves/fingringhoe_wi=
ck/

> Today I visited another of the Trust's reserves at Weeley Hall Wood, agai=
n with the intent of recording nightingales.

> http://www.essexwt.org.uk/visitor_centres__nature_reserves/weeleyhall_woo=
d_nature_reserve/

> I was there late afternoon and enjoyed 90 minutes of almost non stop bird=
 song. Based on my experience of the two walks I'm reasonably sure they wer=
e nightingales as they had some of the characteristics explained during the=
 evening walks. If I'm wrong (I'm even more of a tyro at birding than recor=
ding) please let me know.

> I took along two sets of recording equipment. A Sony RH1 minidisc fed by =
a DIY parabolic reflector using two EM172 capsules

> https://picasaweb.google.com/G0SBW.PM/DIYParabolicReflector
>
> and the small barrier sized, head spaced rig mentioned in earlier posts, =
again using EM172 capsules, feeding the Olympus LS-10.