Re: Luscinia megarhynchos in the wind.

Subject: Re: Luscinia megarhynchos in the wind.
From: "freitojos" freitojos
Date: Tue May 1, 2012 6:00 am ((PDT))
TomR,
Precious the guide instructions,SPEA here in Portugal with Gon=E7alo Elias =
and others make the most instructive walks,even we make one with mountain b=
irds in Portugal, unfortunately this year I could't make none of them. Enjo=
y.
Jos=E9

--- In  "tk7859" <> wrote:

> Hi Jose and the Group
>
> --- In  "tk7859" <g0sbw@> wrote:
>
> > Over the next 10 days I plan to go on two more walks but I think I will=
 take along a more directional mic (ME66/K6 recently acquired second hand a=
t a reasonable price)  to separate the birds from the walkers.

> I did the second walk this evening. As soon as the walk began the heavens=
 opened and the rain came down.  The ME66/K6 and Marantz 661 were hastily s=
towed safely away.  Great pity as the nightingales were in fine form despit=
e the rain.  This year about thirty males have been counted staking out the=
ir territory.  After an hour or so of walking the rain eased so deployed th=
e Olympus LS-10, using it's built in mics, to capture this one (including o=
ur guide's instructive comment) at 8:57pm.