[Nature Recordists] Re: A couple of recent reviews

Subject: [Nature Recordists] Re: A couple of recent reviews

> Thanks for this David, I was not aware of this journal.
>
> I had a listen to "A Deep Forest Creek" and I have to say congratulations on
> the most remarkable recording of Howler Monkeys I have ever heard, I
> recommend it to all on ths group it is track 2 on this page:
>
> http://davidmichael.bandcamp.com/album/a-deep-forest-creek
>
> Chris
> http://www.wildechoes.org

I appreciate your comments Chris - This duet is the most prominent of the
series captured in the recording. There are perhaps 3 or 4 bouts from this pair
(and distant others in response presumably). That year was apparently quite
active as far as Howlers are concerned. What I found so interesting was the
pattern of activity which consisted of broadly spaced duets spread out over
about 3 or 4 hours in the dawn/predawn hours. This structure is hard to post on
Bandcamp (or SoundCloud for that matter).

It's actually amazing the recordings that can be made by scouting a spot and
leaving gear behind (perhaps a controversial technique). I hope to be able to
record in the tropics again very soon. ... or in Africa - the recordings
brought back recently by the Listening Earth crew are stunning.

Here is the more direct link for those interested
http://davidmichael.bandcamp.com/track/howler-monkeys

I have about 10 copies of this disc left. If anyone else is interested in
helping me clear stock, you can use the code 'naturerecordists' for a 20%
discount.

David