Re: An early morning chorus starring the American Robin

Subject: Re: An early morning chorus starring the American Robin
From: "hartogj" hartogj
Date: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:37 am ((PDT))
I should have wrote "northern hemisphere" vernal eqinox. And happy autumnal=
 equinox to all of you south of the equator!

John Hartog
rockscallop.org

--- In  "hartogj" <> wrote=
:

> Dear Naturerecordists Group,
>
> In celebration of the 2012 vernal equinox, I am happy to announce the re-=
release of my highly regarded (at least by one other person) 2005 American =
robin album, now fully remastered and available for sale as Compact Disc (C=
D audio) and also as a Digital Download in high quality 320 MP3 or 16 bit F=
LAC.  The entire album is playable via the website for free as 128 MP3.

> Now available at oregonsoundscapes.com:
> http://oregonsoundscapes.com/album/an-early-morning-chorus-starring-the-a=
merican-robin

> An early morning chorus starring the American Robin
> (Turdus migratorius)
>
> June 20, 2005   5:02-6:32 a.m.
> Murderer's Creek, Grant County, Oregon
>
> With a mountain stream peacefully gurgling through a narrow meadow, edged=
 by forest,      a quiet prelude of bird chorus introduces the robin who fl=
utters in and boldly carols his song.

> Excepting some mooing from distant cattle, extra care was taken to presen=
t periods of time with minimal human-caused noise.

> Track 1: 5:03-5:35 a.m. Prelude, then American Robin
> Track 2: 5:47-5:52 a.m. Northern flickers drumming
> Track 3: 5:57-6:07 a.m. Robins and flickers continue
> Track 4. 6:28-6:32 a.m. Chickadee epilogue
>
> Total album length 51:29
>
> The CD version has cross-faded tracks for seamless flow, therefore is a f=
ew seconds shorter in total length than the digital download version. Other=
wise they are the same.

> I will be assembling a species list for the album on my blog, so if any o=
ne wants to contribute some species identifications feel free to respond on=
 this group, or comment on the blog page here: