11. New Telinga SoundScapeMic

Subject: 11. New Telinga SoundScapeMic
From: "Klas Strandberg" klasstrandberg
Date: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:00 pm ((PDT))
As I have posted on the Naturerecordist list a number of times, I
have been intensely busy designing a new mic system especially
calibrated for SoundScapes. This odyssey began
at the 2009 Murie Center Workshop that Bernie, Martyn, and Kevin put
together in Wyoming.

While the early designs had some spatial and imaging issues, this new
system is spot on!

Please visit http://klas.telinga.com/demo

(All recordings done with Olympus LS-11 on High sens, 8 to 10 on the
wheel and 24bit.)

Frankly, I love this mic! Main features: It is light-weight, easy to
use, small to pack down in a suitcase, not sensitive to wind and
handling noise and runs very low noise on PlugInPower.

The sound character is big and transparent. Listening to the sound, I
lean back and relax, undisturbed by too much of side, harsh or
metallic coloring.

Sitting in the bush, monitoring with my Beyer headphones, taking the
Beyer's on and off, comparing the sound I get from the mics with what
I hear with my ears only, - it's the
only stereo rig so far that gives me a realistic sound image of wind.
I especially love the ambient sounds of the forest. The forest is big
and the acoustic imaging is as real as it gets.
Hope you enjoy!

Klas

Telinga Microphones, Botarbo,
S-748 96 Tobo, Sweden.