3. Re: Frogloggers down?

Subject: 3. Re: Frogloggers down?
From: "Mitch Hill" wa1ykn
Date: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:54 am ((PDT))
On 3/18/2012 9:33 AM, Paul Willison wrote:
> Yep, me too now, must have been a glitch on my end!

I use the internet both for business and communications a lot on a daily
basis and see this happen fairly often with any site at random.  My
suspicion is that an Internet router somwhere that you are going through
gets hung up or bogged down and while rerouting is supposed to be
automatic, the router will still respond to a test ping so rerouting
doesn't happen.

When you do a "refresh", you are simply retrying the same route, the
best thing to do is to use the "stop" function which cancels the
routing, and do a reconnect which usually generates a new route in most
cases and you'll get right back into the site.  On rare occasions the
network glitch is at a key router and a reconnection won't work until
the glitch/blockage is resolved...

Mitch Hill

(Sent from HP DV6T)