Another SASS test

Subject: Another SASS test
From: "Peter Shute" pshute2
Date: Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:49 am ((PDT))
This time with just 2 EM172 capsules so that the M10 can supply enough PiP =
voltage:
http://soundcloud.com/petershute/sasstest2 (comments welcome).

The foam nose baffle is now fitted, held on with a sheet of aluminium, and =
I've stretched lycra over the whole thing for wind protection, not that it =
needed much in the almost still conditions. The SASS is sitting on the grou=
nd on a towel, with some fake fur draped over it. I still haven't baffled t=
he inside of the box.

It's a very noisy recording, unfortunately, being close to a freeway and th=
ere are also recreational fishing boats on the nearby bay. But at least the=
re are no bands of interference this time.

It's nice to see very obvious differences in the sonograms between the two =
tracks, compared to the internal mics which are always fairly similar.

The plan is now to build a battery box so I can connect up the second set o=
f capsules again, but I don't know when I'll get time even to get the parts=
.

Peter Shute