6. Re: Initial SASS test shows bands of harmonics

Subject: 6. Re: Initial SASS test shows bands of harmonics
From: "Peter Shute" pshute2
Date: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:40 am ((PDT))
Perhaps the M10 is more prone to this kind of thing with PiP mics than the =
LS10, not necessarily because it emits more radiation but because it can't =
supply as much PiP power, and this makes the capsules more sensitive to it.=
=0D
=0D
I normally keep my M10 attached to the top of my ME66/K6's shock mount just=
 a few cm above the mic in order to avoid cable hassles with spontaneous re=
cording, and I've never seen these bands before. Perhaps the cable is bette=
r quality (I'm sure it is), but the K6 is powering the mic, not PiP.=0D
=0D
I'll be interested to see what happens if I make a battery box for these EM=
172s, or even just disconnect one pair.=0D
=0D
Peter Shute=0D
=0D
=0D