D.I.Y. wWas: SASS construction/design question

Subject: D.I.Y. wWas: SASS construction/design question
From: "tk7859" tk7859
Date: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:17 pm ((PST))

--- In  "hartogj" <> wrote=
:

> Hi Tom,
>
> I have been using mine mounted parallel on a Nerf soccer ball.
> I think they might remain there a while, as preliminary tests have been p=
romising.

> John Hartog
> rockscallop.org
>

> --- In  "tk7859" <g0sbw@> wrote:
> >

> > --- In  "hartogj" <hartogj_1999@> wrot=
e:

> > > Yes, you will have widely more options for your array design by using=
 external microphones.

> > > I notice the Shure MX391LP/0 is still available for cheap on eBay:
> > > http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shure-Microflex-Wired-Boundary-Microphone-MX3=
91-/130645517286?pt=3DPCA_Speakers&hash=3Ditem1e6b1463e6

> > I bought a pair about 4 weeks ago.  Excellent service by the seller.  D=
elivery to the UK took two week thanks to UK Customs.

> > Am about to deploy them in their original casings on a lightweight para=
llel boundary rig (last coat of varnish applied 15 minutes ago) so will be =
tested tomorrow.

> > I've been thinking about schemes to deploy them, as supplied, in a SASS=
 type rig.  Think I will have to take them out of their (rather nice) origi=
nal housing to do this.  Maybe better to use primo 172s rather than play ar=
ound with the MX 391s