call for submissions

Subject: call for submissions
From: "Jez" tempjez
Date: Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:18 pm ((PST))
a quiet position: traced edition

an online exhibition & pdf download catalogue

the act of field recording, for many, extends beyond the audible
results. Notebooks are kept by some, photographs of locations are taken
by others. I myself spend most of my time listening & the occasional
physical results are in the form of sketches, photographs, diary entries
& sometimes an object or two from the locations themselves.

There is a greater understanding for the act of listening - a closer
relationship with the sound of an environment rather than a more
passive, casual one. The process of `recording' is not limited
to analogue or digital sound relics, but reflects a much wider, richer
interest in the exploration of both place & sensory experience.

for this online edition of `a quiet position' I would like to
ask you to send in one or two scans or photographs of any notebooks,
diaries, sketches or other images you have made whilst field recording
or listening. To clarify, these should not be finished works of art made
at the same time, such as paintings etc. but rather the simple records
we make for ourselves - to record our time & activities in the places.

please email your submissions to:
<>  along with your name, location & any web
link you might like to be also included alongside your submission.

thanks - JrF