Re: Lyrebird imitating construction at Adelaide Zoo...

Subject: Re: Lyrebird imitating construction at Adelaide Zoo...
From: "vickipowys" vpowys
Date: Sat Jan 7, 2012 3:41 pm ((PST))
Mike and all,

To my ears Chook is clearly saying "chook chook", it is his name
after all, (and is NOT saying chop-chop).  At one point he mimics an
Australian male voice saying 'waddaya doin' (translated from Aussie =3D =

what are you doing).  Other bits of speech are partly obscured by the
calls of other zoo creatures.

i.e. from this clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DWeQjkQpeJwY&NR

Vicki