1. Re: noisy 8020 mics

Subject: 1. Re: noisy 8020 mics
From: "emil klotzsch" onomatopoetik
Date: Thu Oct 6, 2011 11:53 am ((PDT))
thats true for so many disussions held in the internet! your post
should become a sticky in every forum:-)

to the problem:
i have a 8040 and a 8050 and i don=B4t have the problems, they work great.
BUT before i bought them i tested two 8040 in a shop, and one of them
seemed to work, and then it started to make those noises you also
posted examples off. i remember that clearly.
the it worked again, but when i just touched it the noise could come
back. very strange.
the other worked fine all the time..

and to say something positive, the 80xx sound amazing! i like them
more than the old mkh series, much more. they are more noisy (feels
like they are more noisy than the specs say), but the have a nicer
sound to my ears..  (i also have a mkh40..)
and to record in 192 khz and pitch them down... oh man. this alone is
the best reason for those mics. try it, its just very very amazing..