Introductory message by new member

Subject: Introductory message by new member
From: "bwanakomba" bwanakomba
Date: Wed Oct 5, 2011 7:52 am ((PDT))
Hi all,

I am Andrew Perkin with the Nocturnal Primate Research Group, Oxford Brooke=
s University, UK, and am based out here in Tanzania East Africa. I have mai=
nly been recording mammals, birds and frogs in the lesser known evergreen f=
orests of Tanzania.  I have specialized my research on bushbabies and hyrax=
 which produce interesting and extraordinary sounds and are largely unstudi=
ed.  I started recording on a Sony WCM-6C, then Marantz PMD222 then on digi=
tal with the Marantz PMD660 all with Sennheiser K6ME66/67 mics (which I now=
 want to upgrade - suggestions please!).  My wish list: a sound devices mac=
hine with some MKHs.  So I am a mono recordist in the main but am more an m=
ore interested in ambient recordings.  I use Raimund Spect's Avisoft softwa=
re for sonographic display and sound analysis which gets used in my researc=
h.  After all this time recording, I consider myself a novice when it comes=
 to tech side of recording and thus like to ask others advice on which reco=
rding gear type questions.  I have read a lot of useful posts here and in t=
he archive sections. So thanks for the invite I hope to contribute in some =
way as well and upload some of my recordings.

Rather get a good sound recording than a good photo!

Cheers Andrew