5mm socket to headphones.

Subject: 5mm socket to headphones.
Its passive and doesn't have any adjustment for stereo width
unless a trimmer / pot is added.

I actually have one of those transformers "somewhere" and the D50, but neve=
r got around to making the decoder.

I'll send out the hounds to find it and write back with my findings, in par=
ticular if the D50's headphone output level is high enough to drive the tra=
nsformer and a pair of headphones plugged into it without significant loss =
of volume.

Related:-
http://recording.org/mobile-recording/20076-ms-decoder-for-field-use.html

I also found this from AEA
http://www.wesdooley.com/aea/ds_MS38_Lite.html

---
New option:-

Tascam DR40 features MS decode plus XLR input's but I highly doubt its pre'=
s are as quiet as the D50's. I'll find out mid October.
Perhaps this is cheap enough @200ish USD to use as a decoder if you take th=
e D50's line out to the DR40's line in with MS decode on?

-Mike.

--- In  "markrosoftlives" <=
> wrote:
>
> Hey - I'm new to the forum and apologize if this has been asked before (i=
 searched for it, unsuccessfully)

> I do a lot of recording for film and radio and am looking to upgrade to a=
 Sennhieser M-S setup to record ambiences and FX. But I need a new recordin=
g device too (I have a Sony D-50) and really want one that allows me to MON=
ITOR in stereo (in other words, the M-S signals decoded) but RECORD the mid=
 and side as discrete tracks (in other words, the M-S signals un-decoded). =
I know the Sound Devices 702, 722, etc... all do that, but I'm hoping to fi=
nd a cheaper solution that still sounds good and is reliable.

> So far the only thing that seems reasonable is trying to find a Sound Dev=
ices MP-2 (this came before the SD MixPre, which came before the SD Mix-Pre=
-D). The MP-2 seems to be able to do this and then I could run that into my=
 Sony D-50. The problem is they're old and I can't find any used ones anywh=
ere. Does anyone know where I can find one or have one they're looking to s=
ell??? (or a 702 or 722 for that matter!?)

> If I can't find a MP-2 or a used 702, can anyone recommend a good recordi=
ng device that has this feature?