A device (or mixer) that monitors in decoded M-S but records discret

Subject: A device (or mixer) that monitors in decoded M-S but records discret
From: "markrosoftlives" markrosoftlives
Date: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:06 pm ((PDT))
Hey - I'm new to the forum and apologize if this has been asked before (i s=
earched for it, unsuccessfully)

I do a lot of recording for film and radio and am looking to upgrade to a S=
ennhieser M-S setup to record ambiences and FX. But I need a new recording =
device too (I have a Sony D-50) and really want one that allows me to MONIT=
OR in stereo (in other words, the M-S signals decoded) but RECORD the mid a=
nd side as discrete tracks (in other words, the M-S signals un-decoded). I =
know the Sound Devices 702, 722, etc... all do that, but I'm hoping to find=
 a cheaper solution that still sounds good and is reliable.

So far the only thing that seems reasonable is trying to find a Sound Devic=
es MP-2 (this came before the SD MixPre, which came before the SD Mix-Pre-D=
). The MP-2 seems to be able to do this and then I could run that into my S=
ony D-50. The problem is they're old and I can't find any used ones anywher=
e. Does anyone know where I can find one or have one they're looking to sel=
l??? (or a 702 or 722 for that matter!?)

If I can't find a MP-2 or a used 702, can anyone recommend a good recording=
 device that has this feature?

Thank you so much for your help!
Mark