Re: Korg in Japan?

Subject: Re: Korg in Japan?
From: "Mike Rooke" picnet2
Date: Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:04 pm ((PDT))
Hi,

I found one in Yodobashi Camera after contacting the Japan Nature Sounds So=
ciety. They were *extremely* helpful and even called a couple of stores to =
check which had them in stock for me. Hence Yodobashi...

I also looked at the H2n which is very well made and much easier to use tha=
n the H2 - no chance to listen to it given the noise in the store.

Preamps on the Korg MR2 are improved but by how much I will measure compari=
ng the MR1, and Sony D50 soon.. -Apples and oranges really both  feature lo=
w enough pre's for most mics. And DSD uses less space than 192Khz pcm/wav. =
My only concern is the limited 6 hour recording time which is imposed by th=
e 4GB file limit. Id be happy if Korg fixed that even if this means a sligh=
t delay during the file close/file creation operations.

BR
Mike.

--- In  takemroi akira <> w=
rote:

> I'm in Tokyo.
> Some field recorders are dealing in home electronics retailers,=C2=A0
> But did you confirm musical instrument stores?
> In Akihabara, for Example, Ikebe, Laox,and so on.
> You should drop into the DTM section of stores.=C2=A0

er a rather humid walk around the electric town district it seemed like mos=
t of the stores were copies of each other stocking the same brands. Olympus=
, Sony and Roland. Not a Korg product in sight which is rather curious cons=
idering they are made in Japan.