Re: Red Squirrel of the North Woods

Subject: Re: Red Squirrel of the North Woods
From: "Bernie Krause" bigchirp1
Date: Mon Sep 5, 2011 4:07 pm ((PDT))
If I can add to what you've said, Martyn, all metadata is useful,
Peter. Especially if you're archiving your material and recording
calibrated data so you can return to a site and compare biophonies
(that will change slightly given even minute variations in atmospheric
and climactic permutations since "nature" is always editing for
maximum acoustic expression) over time...from moment to moment, day to
day, season to season. As Martyn says, no particular reason except
it's now so easy, fun, and it hones one's craft that may pay off in
unexpected ways in the future.

Bernie

On Sep 5, 2011, at 2:33 PM, Peter Shute wrote:

> Just curious Martyn, is that temperature and humidity taken from a
> weather report, or do you carry a thermometer and hygrometer with you?
>
> And when would these readings be useful to know later?
>
> Peter Shute

ps.com