Re: Please advice a recorder

Subject: Re: Please advice a recorder
From: "ng2307" ng2307
Date: Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:47 am ((PDT))
Hello and welcome.

Sony D50 has an advantage in terms of preamp noise level: its mic preamp is
quieter (for a comparison, see http://www.avisoft.com/recordertests.htm).
Anyway with an external preamp you will use the line input, not the mic input.
Another advantage should be the S/N ratio: 93 dB vs 87 dB, according to Sony's
tech specs.

--- In  "uralrec" <>
wrote:

> Hello everybody
>
> I'm a new member from Russia.
> I plan recording quiet forest/field scenes.
>
> I've just ordered CA-14 omni mics and CA-9200 preamp by Church Audio.
>
> Now I'm deciding between Sony's D50 and M10 recorders.
> Does the D50 have any advantages over M10 in terms of sound quality?
> (Unlikely that I will use its internal mics often)
>
> TIA for your comments.
>
> Andrei Doubrovski

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional