1. Re: Best stereo solution for nature recording while backpacking thro

Subject: 1. Re: Best stereo solution for nature recording while backpacking thro
From: "steven_vanroy" steven_vanroy
Date: Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:53 am ((PDT))
Hi Klas,

--- In  Klas Strandberg <> wrote:

> Hi Steven!
>
> Makes me happy to hear that you feel good about your Telinga.
>
> A few hints:
>
> When you write "Power usage is another thing. Not able to use AA
> batts," I don't know if you mean powering the Telinga??
>
> If you do, the PRO7 handle runs fine on a 9v battery and, unlike
> similar designs it doesn't convert 9v to 48 v and then back, but
> feeds both mic and handle directly from the 9v.
> Then it uses some 8mA.
> Does anyone know how many mAh that a modern alkaline battery provides
> nowadays? I am not updated.

I meant the 744 powering with that.

I have a Pro6 handle with stereo dat mic.
Do you think i can power this combo with just a 9V battery?
In ultra ultra light situations one could skip the bulky Phantom power
supply/preamp and just use a PCM-M10 or the like (although external preamps
would always be better )
The 9V rechargables nowadays hold some 550mAh.

There is one more thing i want to mention: i left the microphone in the tent on
holiday and when i arrived in the evening the glue that attaches the foam to
the disk had become loose because of the heat.
It was a very hot day in the south of france, so i think the temperature in the
tent was maybe over 40 degrees celcius... Which glue do you recommend to fix
this problem?

I'll certainly look into the tips to reduce handling noise!

Thx! Steven