Field recording in Tanzania, or South(ern) Africa

Subject: Field recording in Tanzania, or South(ern) Africa
From: "Daan Hendriks" daan_humanworkshop
Date: Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:34 am ((PDT))
Hello hello!

I'm a long-time lurker to this mailing list, and have been enjoying to
read and learn from the group. I was hoping to take the opportunity of
my first post to the group to ask a generally broad question regarding
the following...

I am intending to book a 2 to 3 weeks holiday, of which a main purpose
would be to do lots of field recording. I'm currently undecided where
to go, but my eyes have fallen on Tanzania, as it seems to have a huge
amount of national parks and wildlife.

My intention is to visit in December, or perhaps November.

Has anybody here been to Tanzania, and if so, what was your experience
like in terms of field recording? Is it relatively easy (and cheap) to
organise a personal safari (as opposed to a group), in order to avoid
being with noisy crowds?

Related to this; as I'm still undecided where to go exactly, perhaps
there are better places to visit in southern Africa for the purpose of
a field recording holiday?

Thanks a lot!

Best,
Daan

--
Daan Hendriks - Audiomotif

Sound Design | Music Production | Audio Editing
http://www.daanhendriks.co.uk
http://www.audiomotif.co.uk
+44(0)7842917821
skype: humanworkshop