Re: Bag choice for SD 702

Subject: Re: Bag choice for SD 702
From: "Jeremiah Moore" jeremiahmoore99
Date: Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:09 pm ((PDT))
I own the Petrol bag (previous generation, but the design looks the same
from the pics.)

It has space for TWO pieces of gear the size of the 702.  In my world, this
works nicely when I'm renting some radio mics or such, but does make it
larger.  There's also a protruding pad at the rear, which can be zipped open
to hold an external battery.  This positions the recorder a little away from
the body which is nice to use.  But Again this adds to the size.  All in
all, in daily use, I very much like the Petrol, but I almost never take it
traveling or camping because of the size.

If you want an utterly compact bag, look at the PortaBrace AR-7.  The front
pouch is removable, resulting in a quite small case.  The case bottom is a
fixed size... not sure how this accomodates the larger 960MAH capacity
Li-ION batteries.  The functional downside of the PortaBrace in my
experience is that the cloth and velcro work around the recorder's menu
control makes it a bit fussy in the field.

There's a UK company making a case which looks good.  I cannot find their
name at this time.

-jeremiah

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 11:13 AM, magnusnod <> wrote:

> **
>

> I've been fortunate enough to get my hands on a used Sound Devices 702 and
> am now in need of a good versatile bag to use while recording. I've mainly
> been thinking of the Petrol PS607 mixer bag (
> http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/686799-REG/Petrol_PS607_PS607_Deca_Mixer_Bag.html)
> as it seems affordable.
> Do any of you have any experience using it and what are your thoughts?
>
> /Magnus
>
> http://inovember.wordpress.com/

jeremiah moore | SOUND |
http://www.jeremiahmoore.com/