Re: SD 722 with Sony ECM 55B's question

Subject: Re: SD 722 with Sony ECM 55B's question
From: "magnusnod" magnusnod
Date: Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:41 am ((PDT))

I'm in the same situation, going from using a Sony PCM-D50 with a Rolls PB2=
24 box to using a Sound Devices 702 plugged directly to a pair of R=F8de NT=
1A's. It feels like the gain range is higher on the D50. When recording amb=
ient nature soundscape I have a problem of getting up to satisfactory level=
 without cranking up the gain to max. Even when I do that I end somewhere b=
etween -24 and -12dB. I also have the gain range set to Normal.

/Magnus

--- In  "rtha7" <> wrote:

> I've tried using 2 Sony ECM 55B's with a SD 722 and find that I need to h=
ave the gain all the way up to get much volume. Even then, I get way more v=
olume on my LS10 with and without the 55B's. The mic's have new batteries. =
I'm still learning the 722 so maybe there is a setting I am missing? Any id=
eas of what is going on?