Re: Olympus LS-10/11 External Battery

Subject: Re: Olympus LS-10/11 External Battery
From: "Jose Freitas" =
cketmail.com
Date: Sun May 29, 2011 12:33 pm ((PDT))

I am using as spdif input one M audio micro track and it is powered from us=
b, I have made one 2s 12ah lipo pack 250gr and with one ESC ubec from rc st=
ores that converts 7-24v in 5v or 6v dc, I have wireth one mini usb with + =
and ground. It can work for days and days without its own battery only with=
 the external pack.
Best regards,
freitojos

--- In  "Jose Freitas" <>=
 wrote:

> Hello,
> I am using in all my devices, external power lipo packs, with a charger f=
rom rc stores, packs can have 1s,2s,3s,4s,....4v,8v,12v,16v or other.
> For years I have used nimh batteries and now the diference is huge,never =
failed for days without charge, the audio devices don't consume a lot of po=
wer except amplifiers. Even external hard drivers are powered from lipo pac=
ks in 5v and 12v.
> If you can use a iron and solder you make from laptop used elements the p=
acks you need, the price is almost zero as the lipo elements are almost fre=
e and you can do it yourself with wire and plugs from one electronic store.
> freitojos
> --- In  "oryoki2000" <oryoki@> wrote:
> >
> > Leonard Lombardo, proprietor of Sonic Studios in Oregon, has made exter=
nal battery packs for many small recorders.  When a 5V DC input isn't avail=
able, Leonard makes dummy AA cells that fit in the recorder's battery compa=
rtment and connect by wire to the external battery sled.  An LS-11 powered =
by 8 D cells should run until next year!

> > Leonard's web site has a stream of consciousness quality that makes it =
hard to find things.  I think this is the link to the battery area: