Re: sound formats

Subject: Re: sound formats
From: "Mike Rooke" picnet2
Date: Wed May 4, 2011 10:00 am ((PDT))
wav is uncompressed audio.
mp3 is compressed audio =3Dlossy / throws away information.
flac is compressed and lossLESS - thus preserves the original, equivalent t=
o RAW.

except hardly any recorders support flac, most support wav which is what mo=
st people use. mp3 is ok for long duration recording but I would not recomm=
end it vs wav.

-M

--- In  David Darrell-Lambert <> =