Re: Are these calls from a Blue Jay

Subject: Re: Are these calls from a Blue Jay
From: "stancourtney" stancourtney
Date: Mon May 2, 2011 8:03 pm ((PDT))
> Can you give a few more clues as to the environment (near water, wooded,
> etc) and time of day?

This was recorded in a two-acre wooded area close to a man-made lake. There=
 is a small pond also. The wooded area has some large oaks as well as a lot=
 of underbrush. I have recorded House Wrens, Mockingbirds, Eastern Towhee, =
Brown Thrashers, White-eyed Vireos. I don't know the time of day.

I searched and could not find any jays within an hour of this sound.

Stan Courtney_Central Illinois