The flicker and the crow

Subject: The flicker and the crow
From: "Martyn Stewart" mijdog2000
Date: Sun May 1, 2011 6:02 pm ((PDT))
http://naturesound.org/?p=423

I can promise you that this is not a machine gun firing at a noisy crow. This
Northern Flicker visits a snag every morning in my property and wakes me up on
the dot at the same time every morning, regular as clockwork. I love the snag
it uses and it has done for over 5 years now. This recording was made on my
property this morning, I have filtered out some low rumble from my furnace that
powered up as I was monitoring the recording but I thought I would share it
with you anyway. If anyone would like the 4 channel recording, please send me
an e-mail requesting a copy, This should only be for personal use and should
not be distributed please.

This is a sample taken from a 30 minute recording,
Microphone: Soundfield ST450
Recorder: Soundfield ST450
4 channel recording B format.
Location: Redmond, WA