soundscape ecology domain registration

Subject: soundscape ecology domain registration
From: "Gordon Hempton" pipestonecanyon
Date: Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:17 pm ((PDT))
Dear Members,

I have great respect and admiration for the group as a whole.  It is dishea=
rtening to read the recent posts concerning my registration of the soundsca=
pe ecology domain.

For those that know me I do not own a radio, television or subscribe to any=
 magazine or newspapers, except one, The Sun.  I intentionally try to exclu=
de the noise of media and only listen to direct conversations and the email=
s that I receive. I isolate myself to the degree that I did not know who wa=
s running for president during the last election until shortly before it ca=
me time to study the matter and vote.

Concerning my registration of soundscape ecology domain, this came immediat=
ely after a conversation that I had with Cate Lawson who lives in Indianola=
, Washington.  She used the words 'soundscape ecology' and I assumed that s=
he meant 'acoustic ecology', the much more widely used phrase, but continue=
d to listen to what she had to say about a radio interview with an academic=
 person.  I thought about the phrase soundscape ecology later and felt that=
 it more clearly expresses to the general public what acoustic ecology trie=
s to say and that is why Cate used that phrase by accident.  I took this to=
 mean that the general public might Google soundscape ecology when seeking =
information on acoustic ecology. So I simply went and registered the domain=
.

But I would also like to take this opportunity to express something more im=
portant in my opinion.  I feel that a few individuals repeated seem to take=
 every opportunity to assume the worse about me and it is hard to feel comf=
ortable making posts=97although I would like to.  It seems that when I did =
(a while ago) all it started was an argument instead of continuing a discus=
sion.  I believe we are about the exchange of information.

I would like to be an active member; I hope most members would like me to c=
ontribute.  But I do not want to start arguments, I want to exchange inform=
ation.

Now you have the information about the domain and its origins. Enough said.

It is Easter Sunday tomorrow and I leave to join my family and will be back=
 online mid-week when I hope that I will have some support from the group t=
o be included and treated fairly.  If so, great!  If not, I still appreciat=
e all the other things that I read in the posts and keep up the broader goo=
d.

Best,
Gordon

<*> Your email settings: