Cape Cross seals, Namibia

Subject: Cape Cross seals, Namibia
From: "Martyn Stewart" mijdog2000
Date: Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:46 pm ((PDT))
http://naturesound.org/?p=386

This audio was recorded at the Cape Cross seal colony in Namibia. The officials
at the reserve are extremely cautious of media coming onto the reserve to film
or record the seals because of the atrocities that happen there every year in
the form of seal clubbing. What the Namibian government try to do is spray
propaganda around that the colony is healthy.
On this occasion I was held for over an hour because they caught me recording
the colony, The police and the main official for the colony confiscated my
recorder and in a stroke of luck, I was able to switch the flashcard over while
the police officer turned his back.
Here is that recording.
Recorder: SD 788t
Microphones: MKH 40/30
Microphones protected in a rycote windjammer with a furry cat.
Tripod mounted
48k 24 bit
Weather: Clear
Winds: Light breeze.