Re: Lavalier microphone for nature recording

Subject: Re: Lavalier microphone for nature recording
From: "Marinos Koutsomichalis" marinoskouts=
omichalis
Date: Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:09 am ((PDT))

the DPA 4060' s are GREAT mics, but not the most quiet out there.. actually=
 they are a bit noisy, but nevertheless their sound and resistance to humid=
ity is GREAT

alternatively you could try some DIY options but they are usually electret =
ones and demand plug-in power and a mini-jack rather than phantom/XLR

there are also the sony ECM-77 or similar - but they are even more noisy..

I cannot think of anything else at the moment..

--
Marinos Koutsomichalis
Music Research Center, University of York

On 15 =CE=91=CF=80=CF=81 2011, at 10:22 =CF=80.=CE=BC., ng2307 wrote:

> Hi Sabyasachi
>
> besides size, one thing to consider is that lavalier mics have a higher s=
elf noise than (good) small condenser or (usual) large diaphragm condenser =
microphones.
> I made soundscape recordings with AT853s*, but for pure nature recordings=
 imho they are a little noisy. I've listened to some good recordings made b=
y DPA 4060s but personally I never used them. Other people here could expre=
ss a better opinion about them.

undcloud page (http://soundcloud.com/moooose).