Telinga news info!

Subject: Telinga news info!
From: "Klas Strandberg" klasstrandberg
Date: Sun Apr 3, 2011 5:35 am ((PDT))
Hi!

I have not given good information, which means that people have misundersto=
od.

The LS-xx combo for parabols is the one you can see at the top of

http://www.telinga.com/ls10.htm

The combo is shown without the dish.

The Clip-On=B4s are the ones you can see in my hand at the picture
below it. These mic's are used for A-B stereo or any default rig,
like putting them at your glasses, the shoulders, at a Jecklin plate,
at each side of a tree or other arrangement, even out or inside a dummy hea=
d.
The Clip-On's are the worlds most low-noise mic's for plug in power.
Otherwise they resemble any common 10 mm electret, except that they
don't suffer from the typically "scratchy" mid range.

Let me also give some info on Plug In Power:

"People" don't seem to trust PIP. "People" write about PIP as
something too "amateurish".
Please see http://www.telinga.com/pipwp.htm
There is no disadvantage using PIP inputs!

With the built in base filters of LS-xx and Zoom H4n, the Telinga
LS-xx parabol combo performs just as good as the PRO7 series for phantom po=
wer.

For the nature sound recordist there is no point per se, to use XLR
inputs and phantom power. (Except when recording indoors or using
long cables etc.)
Sony, for example, has excellent unbalanced inputs for PIP and it is
not even true any longer ... well... that the significantly best
recorders are made with XLR's inputs.
A Telinga LS-xx combo has such a high output that it runs over the
self noise of all known PIP inputs, even the self-noise of my old Edirol R1=
!
When using a Telinga LS-xx combo and turning up the gain of a Olympus
LS-xx or Zoom H4n, you will hear the mic noise, not the self noise of
the recorder, which is as it should be.

I hope this will fill some of the gaps of my previous information.

Klas.

Telinga Microphones, Botarbo,
S-748 96 Tobo, Sweden.
Phone & fax int + 295 310 01