Re: Audio Technica AT3032 help needed.

Subject: Re: Audio Technica AT3032 help needed.
From: "Avocet" madl74
Date: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:20 am ((PDT))
> However I don't know, how important this is or what problems might
> occur, if you buy another used AT3032. But I'm sure some technically
> experienced reader on this list can clarify that.

Matthias,

I'm using an unmatched pair - an MKH 815 and an MKH 816 with probably
20 years between them and getting good stereo. I've compared them by
listening to the S signal and I got a good cancellation. The older one
is 4 dB more sensitive so I simply subtract that by pan-pot.

With omnis with near perfect flat responses, I would anticipate no
matching problem.

BTW I got the 815 on eBay with a power unit, a #1 windgag and yeti and
a flight case for =C2=A3155.

David

David Brinicombe
North Devon, UK
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce