Re: Fwd: Muir Woods and Natural Quiet in the New York Times

Subject: Re: Fwd: Muir Woods and Natural Quiet in the New York Times
From: "Mark Brennan" markbrennanfinear=
Date: Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:04 pm ((PST))

thanks Dan, the Grand Canyon issue is all about humans com-modifying natura=
areas and nature for $$$ and for some strange reason we have to justify its=

existence and worth. We can never seem to understand that wild nature has
intrinsic value unto its self, separate from the values humans place on it.=
 It
is nice to see though that there is some recognition for natural silence
beginning to take hold. I know that Gordon Hempton has been a voice for thi=
s as
has Bernie Krause and others. Both of them have books out that are worth
reading. I think if you protect a soundscape, you protect habitat and reall=
that is the most important thing today. There is an interesting group forme=
called the Soundscape Support Team, here is the link

http://soundscapesupportteam.ning.com/

JOIN JOIN JOIN!
Cheers

Mark